Friday, October 30, 2009

Fix-It Friday #33

Thought I'd take a break from editing my baby's pictures to work on this little cutie!
Here is the original picture:


fixitfriday34

And my edits:


fixitfriday34edit_1

For this first one I opened it in camera raw and warmed it up a bit...didn't do much in camera raw. The I opened it in PSE7 and selected the girl, feathered my selection and 'adjusted for skin tone'. I also used the 'unsharp mask' on her eyes, and bumped down the yellow in her eyes a bit. Then I did a square crop (my favorite!). I also used the eliptical tool, selected around her, selected inverse, feathered, and adjusted the levels to lighten the edges.

fixitfriday34edit_2_texture
This next edit I just took the previous edit and put a pink layer, adjusted opacity, and then a pink textured layer, adjusted opacity.


fixitfriday34edit_2_texturebw

And then I converted that one to black and white.

This was fun! I think the second is my favorite, but this little girl's photo is fun to play with!

Be sure to head over th I heart faces to see other great edits! Okay...I gotta go get my baby outta bed...

7 comments:

  1. She was fun to play with... such darling little face :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink layer really adds an extra special touch. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the edits! Beautifully polished.. Aloha.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE that square crop!! That is beautiful! I've never done a square crop before....I may have to start! I really like that first one, but then I see the second one and love that one too! HAHAHAHA I can't decide! I just think they are nice, clean edits, not over done...just nice, clean edits!

    Thanks for working with my beautiful baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love all your edits, but the first one really stands out to me :) wasn't she a sweet little girl to work with? great job, thanks for sharing your steps.

    i have my edits posted, too. feel free to come on over and visit anytime :O).

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a really beautiful picture. I just love it. Your edits are charming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a very fun photo and I'm loving all the different edits. So much to learn! I liked your #2 best as well.

    ReplyDelete