Friday, October 2, 2009

Constructive Feedback Friday!


I love Constructive Feedback Friday! I love getting tips on what to do with pictures, and learning from the contributors at I heart faces!
I took this picture right before we returned from our vacation. We took a quick trip to the nursing home to see grandpa one more time before we left. This picture is so precious to me! I'm so glad my little boy got to be held by my grandfather-We never know how many more times he's going to be able to do this, as my grandfather's health is not the best.
I like this picture a lot, but it's kinda dark, and the colors are kinda funky. The only lighting we had was my grandfather's lamp he had in the room.
Picture info...I took the shot with my Canon 'point and shoot' camera...it was in auto mode...but I do have the settings...:f/2.8 ISO 250 shutter 1/60. I have been trying to mess a bit with the auto mode on my camera, but have had NO luck. I KNOW I need a better camera to get the pictures I want, but this is what I have right now, so I'm just trying to do the best with what I've got :) Oh...and I use Photoshop Elements 7
Any tips would be great!
Thanks so much for any advice you can give-I've learned so much from you guys already!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE the interaction between the two of them! I have pictures taken on auto of my daughter with her great-grandmother that died in the spring. And her great-grandfather that also passed away this year. They are treasures even if taken on auto with a point and shoot. I have enjoyed them converted to black and white with a warm tint. That's what I would suggest here. And crop in a little bit to focus on that great interaction. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y286/NanasMama/LovepictureIMG_4875.jpg I might even do another edit and crop focusing on grandpa's hands. I really like this image! I know you will treasure it always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with AJ.... A Sepia tone may look great here too.... :) Crop out the hand that's sitting on the chairs edge and get a little closer into the subjects. but overall it's a really neat memory to hold onto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any advice : ) well, except to crop it so the little hand isn't on the left side : ) but I actually LOVE the picture. I love Grandmas and Grandpas! They are my favorite kind of people on the planet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My computer is giving me FITS today, but I'm going to try and work this photo for you. It is a PRECIOUS memory, so let's see if we can make it even better than you already did. ;)

    I know in times like these, it's better to TAKE the picture and worry about everything else later, like fixing wonky colors and such. So when I have an extremely important photo I just DON'T want to lose (like my son's baptism Sunday), I stick it in auto (yes, even my DSLR) and just go with it. It happens fast and we have to be QUICK!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't claim to really know what I'm doing in the editing world but I love giving it a shot. This photo was so cute that I tried a few things. First I cropped it. I took the reds down a bit and then increased the contrast. Then I desaturated the photo quite a bit. It does alot of the same as the b/w but leaves just a touch of color to give what I think is some interest. And then I added a little vignetting to bring the eye in on the guys. You can take a look and see what you think. Such a sweet shot tho!
    http://mamassoup.blogspot.com/2009/10/this-is-not-my-photo-but-shot-from-i.html

    ~Nildie

    ReplyDelete