Sunday, July 5, 2009

A Happy Independence Day





The 4th of July started with a fun trip to E & L's pool. We swam together and played. My little boy is loving the pool more and more!


Nothing says 'summer' more than sunscreen in the hair...

Look! Red, White, and Blue :)

A 'quick' family game of Monopoly


Brother's and Sister's clownin' around.
So what do these pictures say about Independence? I think it is amazing that I get the chance to live in a country where a family can spend a day together, talk about everything from religion to politics, laugh, play, eat (and eat, and eat...) with no fear.
As my husband and I were driving home, we noticed a flag pole that once held a Confederate Flag, and now was waving a 'Betsy Ross' flag-with the 13 stars on it. We talked about the fact that though the confederate flag was controversial, it was amazing to us to live in a place where you were ALLOWED to wave such a flag.
Let me just say, I am pretty conservative, but I love that this country allows for all voices to be heard. I think it is a true sign of freedom that people are allowed to voice their opinion and not be sent to jail, or persecuted. To me, that is freedom, and I am so thankful that there are people RIGHT NOW fighting for that freedom!

3 comments:

  1. These are great! Glad you had a wonderful fourth of July! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a great holiday. I love Monopoly, it really is one of the best board games to play with family. Your baby is gorgeous with pretty, bright eyes.

    And I love the photo looking through the red cup, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete